Social Soccer Brisbane
SportUP is changing how ‘Brisbanites’ play social sport. Join our 5-a-side Soccer as an individual or a team today :)
I am the target text.
What is the skill level like?
You can choose to join our more social ‘Div B’ night or our more competitive ‘Div A’ nights.
If you have played regularly before I recommend the Div A night and if you are new or havent played in a while I recommend the Div B night.
All our comps are social and ‘Open’ so you can enter teams with any combination of guys and girls, you just need at least 5 players.
Generally if you have a Mixed team, I recommend joining our Div B comp as we have a lot more Ladies playing on these nights.
If you have experience playing and want to challenge yourself, I recommend joining the Competitive night.
We have a full refund if you don’t enjoy your game so don’t worry too much just come down to the first game to see what it is like.
Want to see what our games are really like? Check out our Grand Final videos from last season. (If they look really good, bear in mind these will be the top 2 teams in Div A and Div B :)
Is it going to be hard to fit in?
Almost every individual player that joins is worried that they might not fit in with the team.
Everyone at SportUP is friendly and looking to make new friends. And with over 5,834 other young professionals playing, you are sure to meet some new friends.
We have even had a few SportUP relationships first start at games or social events…
What are the main rule differences?
Social Soccer Brisbane is sometimes called 5-a-side Football or 5-a-side Soccer. It is a fun fast paced version of regular 11-a-side Football.
There are 4 outfield players and one goalkeeper on each team. The pitch is approximately a quarter of a full sized pitch and this means you are always close to the ball and involved in the game, no matter where you are on the pitch.
Social Soccer games are also often more high scoring than outdoor games with most teams scoring around 5 goals per game in our competitions. There are no offsides or throw ins, just pass the ball back in with your feet when the ball goes out.
The other main rule difference is the goalkeepers area which is a semi circle and only the goalkeeper is allowed in that area. This reduces fouls on the keeper or attackers and means your shot has to be well placed :)
There are unlimited substitutions so whenever you are tired you can take a break and a teammate can take over. Lastly, we use a Futsal ball which is a bit smaller and bounces less than a regular ball. We find this encourages more of an attacking passing game rather than a disjointed long ball game.
8 Reasons to join us this week
- Meet New Friends – All our social soccer Brisbane teams are social and friendly.
- Individuals Welcome – We are the only club built for individual players so we welcome players rather than view them as an annoyance.
- Have fun getting fit – Enjoy being outside and laughing with friends instead of being stuck in the soulless sterile atmosphere at the gym.
- Everything Provided – All the balls, official Futsal goals and other players are provided.
- Beginners Welcome – We have games for all skill levels.
- 100% Satisfaction – If for any reason you don’t enjoy your game we will refund the amount back to you with no questions asked. Just let me know within 24hrs from your first game.
- Friendly referees – There is one friendly referee at each game so if you have any questions at the game you have a real person to talk to.
- Local $2m Venue – Playing at Toowong, 4kms from the city we have a grass 7-a-side pitch that is easily accessible by train and bus and overlooks the CBD skyline.